Jenny L. Doling AttorneyEmail
Jenny L. Doling is a staunch advocate for her clients. She represents debtors in personal and business bankruptcy matters, as well as Creditors and Bankruptcy Trustees. Ms. Doling is also a licensed real estate broker handling private sales, as well as representing Chapter 7 Trustees nationwide in selling California real estate in bankruptcy related actions. Ms. Doling was honored with the National Distinguished Service Award in 2013 by the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA). She was also awarded the Hammes-Shulman 2016 Legislative Advocacy Award for her legislative work on Senate Bill 308 to increase the outdated California homestead exemption statute. Ms. Doling has protected thousands of clients from overreaching creditors, collection harassment, wage garnishments, and unlawful foreclosures. She is passionate about her work. She cares about her clients and she offers that strength and clarity during a time when her clients need an advocate most. She helps to devise an individually tailored plan for each and every client. Ms. Doling’s firm receives approximately 63% of business from past clients and other attorneys. Ms. Doling believes a referral is the best compliment a business owner can receive.
Ms. Doling is the Professor of Bankruptcy Law at the California Desert Trial Academy. In addition, she is a well known and respected speaker nationwide. She has been a panel speaker for NACBA, NACTT, NCBJ and IEBF.
After practicing in San Diego at an AV rated collection law firm, Ms. Doling returned to the desert in 2001 to open her law offices in Palm Desert and Yucca Valley. She is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California and Nevada, including the Supreme Court of California and the Supreme Court of Nevada. In addition, she is admitted to practice before the United States Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal. She received her Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law in San Diego. Ms. Doling was on the Dean’s Honor List and was also the recipient of the Dean’s Merit Scholarship. She received an Academic Achievement Award in Bankruptcy and was also honored with an award for excellence from the American Bankruptcy Law Journal. Ms. Doling has presented seminars on Judgment Enforcement in California and was formerly a California State Licensed Collection Agent prior to attending law school, experiences that have helped her to have a unique understanding of how the collection industry works and how she can best use that knowledge to represent her clients in defending their rights against those in credit industry who violate consumer rights.
Ms. Doling received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. She practiced in the area of criminal defense for nearly 10 years. She was a member of the Desert Defenders Conflict Panel for Riverside County and has represented clients in Misdemeanor cases under the Conflict Panel from 2001-2010. While Ms. Doling no longer accepts criminal cases, she continues to maintain relationships with local defense attorneys. She is happy to provide referrals to other respected professionals in the area of Criminal Defense.
Additionally, Ms. Doling is an avid ATV rider and advocates to keep off-road (OHV) areas open to public use, while balancing the need to protect our environment. Recently Ms. Doling participated in a debate to repeal the overreaching San Bernardino County Ordinance 3973. This ordinance unreasonably restricted access to public lands. Her participation and advocacy helped to preserve public access to trails and helped to educate the public on programs to tread lightly, promote responsible riding and to take personal steps to lesson our carbon footprints. Ms. Doling believes there are creative ways to solve problems. Off-Road Riders and Environmentalists can be one in the same and can coexist effectively.
- California Bar Association (Licensed)
- Nevada Bar Association (Licensed)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) – California State Chair/Member/Panel Speaker (www.nacba.com)
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustee (NACTT) Member/Panel Speaker (www.nactt.org)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ) Panel Speaker (www.ncbj.org)
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT) Member (www.nabt.com)
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member and Chapter 13 Commission, Committee Member (www.abiworld.com)
- Inland Empire Bankruptcy Forum (IEBF) President-Elect/Board Member/Panel Speaker (www.iebf.org)
- National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) (www.nclc.org)
- Desert Bar Association
- Morongo Basin Bar Association (Past Vice President)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- California Association of Realtors (CAR) (www.car.org)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR) (www.nar.realtor)
- Warren E. Slaughter Inns of Court
- California Public Defender’s Association (CPDA)
- Palm Desert Youth Sports Association (Proud Sponsor)
- Palm Desert Charter Middle School Band (Proud Sponsor)
- Palm Desert High School (Proud Sponsor)
- La Quinta Sports & Youth Association (Proud Sponsor)
- Yucca Valley High School Trojan Football Boosters (Proud Sponsor)
- Friends of Giant Rock (FOGR) (Proud Sponsor & Member)
- Americans for Responsible Recreation Access (ARRA)
- California Off-road Vehicle Association (CORVA)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego (Proud Sponsor)
- Desert Arc Charities (Proud Sponsor)